Mikaela Davis – I’m Just Tryin’ to be Your Friend

Oh, she is good. Super catchy and I love the harp. I think I’ll feature the Harp on my next “My Classics” because of this (and who might I feature?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4QoKm1hBBtM

From the self titled album Mikaela Davis (2012)

Some Comments:

If heaven has an orchestra of harp-strumming angels, someone should probably take a head count. Twenty-year-old Mikaela Davis began playing the harp in third grade. Since then she has studied with Grace Wong, the principal harpist of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, and she now attends the Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam. She has used that musical pedigree to conjure a sound that picks the indie-folk genre up from its roots and lets it loose into an ethereal jet stream.

In addition to her studies and regular live performances, Davis has just put the finishing touches on her debut self-titled album with the help of Brian Moore at Redbooth Studios in Rochester. Moore says of Davis, “It is artists such as [Mikaela] that inspired me to open Redbooth. Not only does she have a beautiful voice, but she plays harp without skipping a beat. She makes the intricate balance of fluttering vocal folds and fingers on strings appear effortless…Simply magical.”

Bandcamp

This entry was posted in Dream Pop, Favorites, Female Vocalist, Folk, Indie Folk, Indie Pop, Music Videos, New Music, Singer-Songwriter. Bookmark the permalink.