XNY – Another Way

Well, this one was teetering on not posting, but I think I will. Here is Another way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVTPr8_hF0g&feature=player_embedded

From the album Through The Wall (2012)

A Little Review:

Their debut album’s title is a reference to how guitarist/vocalist Pam Autuori and drummer Jacob Schreiber would practice while they were neighbors in the Boston area, while their band name is an obvious testament to the varying musical elements going on, often in a single song. Autuoi’s mixes Tori Amos-y vocals with the acoustic chops of Ani Difranco and the yelp of Alanis Morissette, and Schreiber’s drums go toe-to-toe with her intensity. But while I hear this duo’s mix of twisted indie-folk, I don’t feel it. Their arrangements are too jagged, their melodies too scattershot and their lyrics too vague. Yet they show what they’re capable of on “Make Me,” a pop ditty that bumps along and has the honor of being the most cohesive song on the record. For a band whose best moments come when they keep things simple, I’m perplexed as to why they don’t use simplicity more often.

Website

This entry was posted in Female Vocalist, Folk, Indie Folk, Indie Pop, Music Videos, New Music. Bookmark the permalink.