Aunt Martha – Starter

Here’s a song for Aunt Martha (sounds funny, don’t it?)

And this is a little documentary:

From the album:

Aunt Martha – Norway, ME (2011)

review:

2011 has been a wild year for Aunt Martha. It’s been our first full year as a band without day jobs, and we’ve experienced highs and lows that I never could have imagined when we first started playing together three years ago. We released an album and an EP, toured with great bands, and played Bonnaroo. That’s amazing to me. We’ve spent thousands of hours together. We’ve seen our van break down a half dozen times and lived more or less like homeless people. It’s been wild and completely worth it.

The recording of Norway, ME was a particular high point for me personally. I think it’s really easy, especially at this level, to see your work twisted and shaped to fit some particular mold. Norway, ME was written in a few days in Brooklyn, and I recorded and mixed all the songs over the course of a week at my house in Maine. Those songs are so personal to me, and I’m really happy and proud of the final product. And to give it away through our website and see the support from our fans and friends, it’s been a great experience.

Amazon

This entry was posted in Alt-Country, Alternative Rock, Indie Folk, Indie Pop, Music Videos, New Music. Bookmark the permalink.