HyperDoc to the Rescue

Sometimes as a teacher, we are physically present in the classroom while mentally we are a bit distracted.  For instance, at the end of a grading period or right before teacher conferences.  We have lots of activities such as grading papers, entering grades, filing papers, collecting sample work, reviewing IEP’s, replying to parents email, and, well you get the picture.  It’s times like these that lesson plans created via HyperDocs are a life saver.

HyperDocs are a Google-based interactive document that can be used for a multitude of applications.  Since I want to be present in the classroom and available to students who may need my personal assistance while I prepare for parent-teacher conferences, I decided to use HyperDocs to create a lesson plan where students can work at their own pace.  I merely copied a HyperDocs template, added links to supplemental videos, and assigned a KhanAcademy classroom series on linear equations. My students can work at their own pace (as long as they have the series completed by Thursday).  I am able to monitor their progress and assessment on the Kahn Academy website.  All the while, I am physically present in the classroom to assist students as needed, while also having the autonomy to prepare for conferences.  That’s a win-win for all parties!  Click on the link below to view my HyperDoc lesson.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/197iaF_BOIvJyCPnr5SW0F0OLAzB7-D2iKLtWz2n7mY4/edit?usp=sharing