browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Digital Assessment Tool

Posted by on June 15, 2018

My class is currently studying the Reconstruction era of the United States. Among this era, three very important amendments were constructed and added into our US Constitution, they include the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments.  My digital assessment tool that our class will be using will be conducted on www.socrative.com.

Socrative is an interactive Formative Assessment Tool for Teachers and students.  It a great fun and informative assessment that can be conducted during class.  There are several types of assessments that can be conducted on Socrative from quizzes, student race and even exit tickets which is a personal favorite of mine.  It also offers quick questions that include multiple choice, true/false and even short answers that can be included into each lesson covered throughout the school year.

As students respond to the questions, the teacher is able to catch a quick glance of how well the material was delivered to the students and areas where students struggled the most so that the teacher can recirculate the lesson and take a different approach to deliver the material to best educate each child in the class. This can also trigger small and large group discussion based on results of the assessments which helps reiterate a lessons content to the students in a peer to peer collaborative setting.  Because the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments are imperative historical documents in our Nations History, this type of assessment allows me to gather a sense of understanding my students are acquiring that will only enable me as their mentor to deliver the up-most engaging memorable lesson possible. It will also give students a full perspective of the lesson with the intention that all of my students will be able to deliver the content and facts that surround the lessons key features and content without hesitation because of Socrative’s fun, engaging interactive technological features it offers not only myself but my students.

The Formative Assessment Reconstruction quiz can be found by clicking on the link provided, or simply copy and paste it into your web browser. Simply click on Reconstruction Amendments and take the quiz.

https://b.socrative.com/teacher/#import-quiz/34954170