Piktochart — Info-graphic Poster on Norms of Collaboration

In looking at Piktochart a cool new way to create presentations, posters, and info-graphic charts I decided to play with making a poster that turned the seven Norms of Collaboration from the Center for Adaptive Schools that into individual icons to help students understand them.

This could be used as a reminder of what the individual icons stand for, but I took it a step further and made a page for each icon. These could all be printed out into a large poster for the classroom as a single piece or individually. They could also be used as slides at the beginning of the year as you go over a particular point of teamwork or collaboration discuss them alongside corresponding games or activities to help teach the skill. Later they could be referred back to as a reminder to students what it is they should be doing when working as a group. You could even have the individual icons up in a presentation to highlight a particular skill needed at that time.

Alternatively, each of these could be edited to only include the icon and have students come up with their own ideas for what these mean, their tips or rules, and how to show it using their own infographics.

About Jennifer Cox

A life time Oregonian, I've traveled and taught ESL courses in China the past five years and have recently returned to teach at Myrtle Creek Elementary this past Fall and begin the road towards earning my master's here at Pacific. Currently, I'm teaching in the Kindergarten classroom but will be taking on a new role as a 5th-grade teacher this coming Fall. I'm excited to get kids working on building their collaboration and leadership skills, growth mindset, and working on projects that they can publish (hopefully both electronically and physically within the school). It will be a fun challenge, as my teaching partner and I will be the beginning of a new team at MCE for 5th. The possibilities have me enthused for the new year. As an educator, my greatest goal is to inspire a desire to learn and try to understand, not just academics, but each other and themselves. A part of that is my hope that students take away more than just content knowledge but an understanding of how to learn, how to use the tools they have been given, and what some of the possibilities might be. I desire to see students leave my classroom with the tools and mindset needed to be successful in whatever their personal goals might be. In the process, I hope to connect students to the micro and macro environments of which they are apart. Helping them see where they might fit in the broader environs and communities of their city, state, nation, and world. Prior to teaching, I've had a background in linguistics, with a bit of a history with cake decorating, computer science, and a touch of archaeology. Each topic has its own story and several more behind it. I expect that as a teacher, and a student, my hunger for knowledge will not be quenched any time soon. As we start this journey in the world where tech and education meet, I hope those of you following along will find useful tips, resources, and stories that will help both students and teachers alike.
This entry was posted in Classroom Tech, Potential Lesson Plans Using Tech, Teacher Resources. Bookmark the permalink.