- The importance of your grades and how they turn into the credits you need for graduation.
- Every letter grade counts!
- The importance of your Grade Point Average (GPA) and how that is calculated.
- Click on the link below for a break down of your GPA…
- Try it yourself with your current schedule! Print this PDF
3. The requirements to receive your Oregon High School Diploma
Click on the link below to see the requirements at a glance.
To earn a diploma, students will need to successfully complete these three…
1. credit requirements http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=1681
- Print this PDF and use the sample Course Catalog to map out your own schedule that will lead you to the total required credits. Remember: Try to fill up your schedule as early as possible during your Freshman and Sophomore year, so that you have time during your Junior and Senior year to get ready for college!
- *PDF- coursecatalog *Link to use to fill out your schedule-http://shs.springfield.k12.or.us/files/2012/10/SHS_Course-Catalog-2015-2016.pdf
2. demonstrate proficiency in the Essential Skills
3. and meet the personalized learning requirements…
- Education Plan and Profile- Students develop a plan and profile to guide their learning and document progress toward their personal, career, and post-high school goals.
- Career-Related Learning Experiences- Students participate in experiences that connect classroom learning with real life experiences in the workplace, community, and/or school relevant to their education plan.
- Extended Application- Students apply and extend their knowledge in new and complex situations related to the student’s personal and/or career interests and post-high school goals through critical thinking, problem solving, or inquiry in real world contexts.