We will use this page to discuss our thoughts on selected response tests.
Here are the Stiggins chapters for this week: Ch 1 and 5
Here is the Test-wiseness activity. Please be do the activity and be prepared to discuss it in class on 2/6. Have fun!
Here is another handout with some Tips for Taking Multiple Choice Tests. It also has a test-wise test.
Here is yet another test-wiseness activity. Test Wiseness
Tasks for this Module:
Here are the tasks for our Selected Response module this week:
Due by 2/5:
- Read Ch. 1 in Stiggins and post your initial assessment beliefs on the Assessment Beliefs Page. We will revisit this periodically throughout the term. Respond to your colleagues as you see fit.
- Read Ch. 5 in Stiggins and additional resources listed above, as necessary. Please feel free to post any other resources you encountered that helped you construct your selected response quiz.
- Create (MAKE) a selected response quiz in your topic area (at least 10 items). Be sure to key (TAKE) your test.
- Make two selected response items reflecting salient information from Ch. 5 and post them on this page.
Due by 2/6:
- Print one copy of the quiz and bring to class with you on 2/6. We will partner up and critique (BREAK) each others’ quizzes.
- I will collect them at the end of class and make any further comments I see necessary. This will be the general procedure throughout the assessment portion of this course. 🙂