Here is link to the hashtag we created in class to share some of the analogies. #pacificlearninganalogies
Slides from Day 2.
If you’d like to comment on this post you can do so by clicking on leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Below you will find the detailed information for the tasks to complete before our next class October 11th.
Read Chapters 6-11 in The Emotional Life of Your Brain
Assessment 3 Twitter and important passages Due October 10th
Description: Post five tweets about what you are learning from your reading and give them the hashtag. #pacificlearninga3.
- Your Tweets are your own thoughts and reflect your engaged and deep thinking about what you are learning, not just the information you are reading.
- Use the hashtag pacificlearninga3 and I will be able to assess them from the feed.
Assessment 4 Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health Project. 555 PowerTalk Due October 11
5 minute talk
5 minutes of Q&A
Description: For this project you will answer an essential question you have about mental health and the social emotional needs of children and or a Social Emotional Learning Program. To share your answer with us, you will create a five slide five minute Google Slide Show. You will give your PowerTalk in class on October 10th. You can select five key points and use a slide for each point. You can elaborate on your key point in your discussion and make connections to ideas.
What’s the evidence?
What the current state of affairs?
What is the descriptive data showing us?
What are the kids telling us?
What are effective ways to support kids, teachers and parents?
How does the it differ across, gender, region, ethnic group?
Jesse will be in the lab for technical support 9-5 M-F.
Here are some portal links with resources.
Making effective Slides:
- Your essential question is clearly stated and appears on your first slide.
- Each slide contributes important and selected information that goes toward building an understanding toward an answer to your question.
- You’re slides are made up of images and simple key points. You can include subquestions for each slide to supplement your essential question
- The content on your slides consists of information and data from sources you are using in your research.
- Share your Google Slide Show with me at email@example.com
- Follow the link here to submit information about your slide show.